Government Affairs Manager
CropLife Europe is the pan-European voice of the crop protection Industry. This Brussels-based association, representing 21 market-leading companies as well as national associations in 31 countries, is looking a dynamic, self-starting, results-oriented Government Affairs Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Public Affairs, the Government Affairs Manager will implement advocacy strategies at a European level on legislative and reputational issues impacting on our industry. The main focus of this position is the relationship with the European Parliament. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the centre of one of the most high-profile and challenging sectors.
- Help the PA director to implement the advocacy strategy.
- Plan meetings, send agendas, take, and send minutes in a timely manner.
- Monitor relevant policy developments in the EU and internationally.
- Draft CropLife Europe position papers, Q&A documents, and infographics.
- Map the pathway of new legislations/opinions through the institutions, especially the European Parliament.
- Interact with the European Parliament (set up meetings with MEPs, assistants, political advisors, etc).
- Draft voting recommendations and amendments.
- Draft a summary of key debates and votes in the European Parliament.
- Support the regulatory director on key priorities.
- Coordinate EP advocacy-related actions with the members.
- Build relations and work with stakeholder peers.
- Liaise with supporting agency partners.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in political science and/or international relations and/or European Studies and/or international economics.
- 3 years’ experience in working with the EU Institutions.
- Sound understanding of EU legal & institutional processes.
- Strong network within the European Parliament
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively.
- Good analytical skills and ability to synthesize information.
- Ability to facilitate consensus among members.
- Tact, discretion, diplomacy active listening and negotiation skills also required.
- Competent, astute and strategic networker with the ability to leverage connections to advance the goals of the organisation.
- Organizing events.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Dynamic, open-minded, hard worker, organised, team player.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent English both written and spoken.
In return, CropLife Europe offers
- A competitive remuneration package according to work experience
- A rewarding and challenging work environment
Please send your letter of motivation and curriculum vitae by 4th of November 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Email subject header: “Application: Government Affairs Manager”
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.