Intern Public Affairs and Communications
CropLife Europe is offering internship positions in public affairs and communications in its Brussels office, starting in September 2023. The role provides a unique opportunity to obtain experience and develop advocacy skills in the agriculture field. The successful candidate will have the occasion to interact with both the Public Affairs and Communication teams. The role will be performed in CLE office in Brussels.
CropLife Europe is the European organisation which represents the European crop protection industry, including 21 company members and 31 national associations. The members are leading global companies and European national associations working in four key areas: conventional pesticides, biopesticides, plant biotechnology and digital agronomy. The organisation’s purpose is to create value to communities by actively contributing to the transformation towards a more sustainable and resilient future for European agriculture.
- Legislative research and political analysis for CLE priority issues;
- Draft briefings/summaries on new legislative and regulatory developments;
- Attend and report on policy events e.g. hearings and conferences;
- Support CLE meetings with external stakeholders;
- Support the expert groups in the development and implementation of advocacy and communication plans, including attending members meetings and reporting on discussions;
- Engage with key stakeholders, including EU Institutions and other Brussels-based organisations;
- Monitoring regulatory, legislative and political processes of interest to CropLife Europe, including media and social media monitoring;
- Drafting digital content and supporting the delivery of the social media strategy;
- Support CLE Public Affairs team in preparing and attending internal and external meetings;
- Support the organisation of public events for political audience, including logistics and on-site event management;
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who demonstrates the following experience and competencies:
- Knowledge of the functioning of the European Institutions;
- Understanding of legal, public affairs and government relations;
- Ability to synthesise and translate complex issues into clear and concise messages;
- Recognises the need to react to requests in a timely and helpful manner;
- Familiarity with MS Office, web management systems and related internet tools.
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a self-starter;
- Flexible – ready and available when needed to tackle urgent requests;
- Strongly motivated and takes initiative, with a high level of creativity
- Enjoys working in a multicultural team;
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work under strict deadlines with the ability to set priorities;
What do we offer?
- 6 month paid internship position.
- Working in a people oriented, international and dynamic culture at the centre of EU affairs;
- Interviews will take place via video conferencing
Candidates must have an existing permit to work and live in Belgium and the European Union for the duration of the internship.
To apply by 30th of June, please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All selected applicants will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis.