Junior Environment Manager
CropLife Europe is the pan-European voice of the crop protection Industry. This Brussels-based association, representing 21 market-leading companies as well
CropLife Europe is the pan-European voice of the crop protection Industry. This Brussels-based association, representing 21 market-leading companies as well as national associations in 31 countries, is looking for a dynamic, self-starting, results-oriented Junior Environment Manager.
The Junior Environment Manager will be part of the CropLife Europe Regulatory team and mainly support the association on environmental issues when it comes to Pesticides and Biopesticides. The focus of the position is to support the Environment Expert Group and its technical subgroups in building Industry positions, prepare advocacy strategies and support their implementation.
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the interface between environmental science and policy making.
- CropLife Europe lead on the Environment Expert Group and its network of technical sub-groups looking at specific environmental areas.
- Support the Biodiversity sub team.
- Plan meetings, send agendas, prepare and send minutes in a timely manner.
- Draft CropLife Europe position papers and other related documents on relevant environmental topics.
- Support technical/regulatory advocacy on environmental issues.
- Monitor and analyse impacts of relevant legislation.
- Contribute to specific regulatory issues alongside the Director of Regulatory Affairs and the regulatory team as needed.
- Act as the interface between the regulatory and public affairs teams with regards to environmental topics.
Key skills & qualifications
- Master’s degree in environmental management, law or political science.
- Ideally having done an internship or first work experience in an EU agri-food/chemical association, in agri-food/chemical industry and/or in EU institutions/national authorities.
- Sound understanding of EU legal & institutional processes.
- Good analytical skills and ability to synthesize information.
- Ability to facilitate consensus among members.
- Dynamic, open-minded, hard worker, organised, team player.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent English both written and spoken.
In return, CropLife Europe offers
- A competitive remuneration package according to work experience
- A rewarding and challenging work environment
Please send your letter of motivation and your curriculum vitae by 2nd of January 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Email subject header: “Application – Junior Environment Manager”.