IP & Legal Affairs Manager
CropLife Europe is the pan-European voice of the crop protection Industry. This Brussels-based association, representing 21 market-leading companies as well as national associations in 31 countries, is looking for a dynamic, self-starting, results-oriented IP & Legal Affairs Manager.
The IP & Legal Affairs Manager will provide legal support to CropLife Europe teams and secretariat, manage related expert groups and represent CropLife Europe in relevant fora – contributing to the setting and implementation of legal affairs and intellectual property strategies at a European level on legislative issues impacting on our industry. They will also contribute to the regulatory team on specific issues, as well as support the Association on compliance efforts. Reporting to the Director General, this is an exciting opportunity to be at the centre of one of the most high-profile and challenging sectors.
- CropLife Europe lead on the Legal affairs expert group.
- CropLife Europe lead on the Intellectual Property expert group.
- Plan meetings, send agendas, take, and send minutes in a timely manner.
- Provide legal analysis of legislative developments as requested.
- Draft legal opinions and provide legal assessments.
- Draft CropLife Europe position papers, strategies, and other related documents on relevant legal & IP topics.
- Monitor and analyse impact of relevant legislation and court cases.
- Develop the association’s policy approach with regards to legal and IP related policy issues.
- Contribute to specific regulatory issues alongside the Director of Regulatory Affairs and the regulatory team for all the areas covered by the association.
- Act as the interface between the regulatory and public affairs teams towards the legal & IP teams.
- Support the Director of Corporate Operations on Association compliance issues.
- Draft and review contractual agreements.
Key skills & qualifications
- Master’s degree in law.
- 3 years’ experience in legal and/or regulatory affairs in a law firm, EU agri-food/chemical association, in agri-food/chemical industry and/or in EU institutions/national authorities.
- Sound understanding of EU legal & institutional processes.
- Good analytical skills and ability to synthesize information.
- Ability to facilitate consensus among members.
- Dynamic, open-minded, hard worker, organised, team player.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent English both written and spoken.
In return, CropLife Europe offers
- A competitive remuneration package according to work experience
- A rewarding and challenging work environment
Please send your letter of motivation and curriculum vitae by 4th of November 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Email subject header: “Application: IP & Legal Affairs Manager”